POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Visual Studio Code Extension for pov-ray : Re: Visual Studio Code Extension for pov-ray Server Time
1 Sep 2024 02:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual Studio Code Extension for pov-ray
Date: 23 May 2024 00:55:00
Message: <web.664ecb1cf609efca726a70c280c9ecbb@news.povray.org>
Ilya Razmanov <ily### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 21.05.2024 7:31, Paco Garc�a wrote:
> > Hi, i'm adding new features to the vscode extension like preview of colors in
> > the pov file and color editor, preview of images, and preview of color_maps and
> > editor, you can download the last changes from github:
> > https://github.com/jfgartol/vscode-povray2
>
> Ok, this is a fork of Virtual Whirlwind which I use, and extending it is
> good idea (especially taking into account that I'm just about to bring
> some order into my own programs for creating POV files).
>
> The question is - how do I safely install it under VSCode, considering
> the fact that you have no releases at Github, and nothing present at
> vscode store? Please take into account that I manually edit vscode
> config only when I absolutely definitely surely have no other way to fix
> something :-)
>
> --
> Ilyich the Toad
> https://dnyarri.github.io/

Indeed, it is a new branch to which I am adding tools that are useful to me when
editing my pov files. As it takes a while to add them to the main branch and
publish it in the extensions marketplace, I will make them available for
download on my website shortly so that I can get feedback from users and detect
errors.