POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reservations : Re: Reservations Server Time
20 May 2024 00:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reservations
From: Chris R
Date: 11 Mar 2024 10:35:00
Message: <web.65ef15b57bcd374e24fcb13d5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
> Op 08/03/2024 om 14:53 schreef Chris R:
> > This is an update to the "Interior Brick Scene".  I moved the point of view back
> > a bit to see more of the room.  A bunch of the models were updated, including
> > the spilled champagne on the table.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> Very good work indeed!
>
> (maybe you could check the width of the chairs? They seem to be a bit
> too wide, but that can also be perspective deformation...)
>
> --
> Thomas

The chairs are modeled with the seat being 18 inches wide, and 20 inches deep,
which is pretty much what the chair I am sitting in now measures.  The lens I'm
using (camera35mm.inc) is 24mm, so moderately wide-angle, which may be the real
cause of the issue.

There are other comments about the chairs as well.  They probably need a curved
back, maybe a little higher back as well to look comfortable.  The seat probably
needs to have some body-conforming indents as well; flat wood seats are not
terribly fun to sit in for long.

-- Chris R