POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reservations : Reservations Server Time
9 May 2024 05:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Reservations
From: Chris R
Date: 8 Mar 2024 08:55:01
Message: <web.65eb1840187c79c144dc80f55cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
This is an update to the "Interior Brick Scene".  I moved the point of view back
a bit to see more of the room.  A bunch of the models were updated, including
the spilled champagne on the table.

This was about a 2 1/2 day render on my laptop, and does not include any
radiosity.  I tried doing adding in radiosity earlier and the render rate
dropped to the under 100 PPM, which means it would take weeks to finish.  There
are a lot of light sources in the room, so maybe radiosity wouldn't add much to
the scene anyway.  Also, with the rough surfaces on the brick walls, I find that
I have to do a lot of tuning to get around radiosity artifacts.

Anyway, I may do some renders from different points of view, and the letter
sitting on the napkin ring needs some tweaking so you can tell better what it
is, but I'm pretty happy over all with the results.

-- Chris R

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene-v1.1-hd-hq-2024-03-08.png' (3691 KB)

Preview of image 'scene-v1.1-hd-hq-2024-03-08.png'
scene-v1.1-hd-hq-2024-03-08.png