POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to see an atom? : Re: How to see an atom? Server Time
9 May 2024 15:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to see an atom?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Mar 2024 18:25:00
Message: <web.65e7a9c6149eb1aa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Then you can just ...

And of course this relates to the challenges I've experienced with trying to
make patterns with parametric equations in 2D.  Now we're in 3D, and I'm not
sure how to translate the parametric equations for x, y, and z that I was using
for spherical harmonics to a form suitable for defining the density of media.

However I _AM_ happy that I made the effort to convert those equations, because
I've now probably found why my 4th set of orbital equations wasn't working. (And
i have no idea what the source for those was).

Maybe Tor Olav Kristensen (TOK) has some advice on how best to approach using
parametric or isosurface (implicit) equations for media or pigment patterns.

Until then, you might want to just use an isosurface or parametric and either
plot many small spheres with a loop, or use a transparent texture to simulate
the electron cloud.

- BW