POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Interior Brick Scene WIP : Re: Interior Brick Scene WIP Server Time
19 May 2024 22:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interior Brick Scene WIP
From: Chris R
Date: 28 Feb 2024 15:45:00
Message: <web.65df9b195ee5eae0ba98249e5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> This is a WIP that I'm calling "Reservations...".
>
> Only moderate anti-aliasing and no radiosity or photons enabled yet; still an 11
> hour render, which isn't bad given there are a lot of light sources in the
> scene.
>
> The napkins need a lot of work yet; they look like pipe insulation rather than
> cloth right now.  A few more scene elements are yet to be added and the
> silverware models need to be cleaned up.
>
> -- Chris R

Here's an update on progress on the scene with a low-res (640x480) rendering.

I changed the viewpoint to be closer to the main table.  I'm hoping it will make
the ring in the glass more visible, especially at higher resolutions.  I may do
other renderings zoomed out a bit to show the other tables too, but this is the
main one.

The framed posters on the wall break up the solid bricks.  I will probably add a
bar to hang them from.  Right now they assume direct attachment to the bricks.

There are more elements to the table and I updated the napkins quite a bit.  I
also took suggestions about the silverware into account and remodeled them.  The
champagne flutes are slightly wider, after measuring my own glasses more
accurately.

Still to do:
- The rail for hanging the posters on the wall
- Update to the brick size; they are currently US Closure Modular size, which
accounts for their chunkiness.  I am going to try just US modular instead.
- Water glasses for the table and put the glasses in the proper place
- Possibly change the narrative and put a "Dear John" note on the plate that the
waiter would have delivered from the cowardly partner.
- Spilled champagne needs bubbles and some surface texture work.  I had removed
reflection from the champagne inside the glass as it was problematic and didn't
help the image, but it needs to be there on the table.
- Menus?
- Photons
- Radiosity

Anything else?