POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need a color recommendation please : Re: I need a color recommendation please Server Time
10 May 2024 16:34:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a color recommendation please
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Feb 2024 20:05:00
Message: <web.65dd351f647a4ddc1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"David Kraics" <bar### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Hello folks. I am working on a new building render. I decided to do a project of
> rendering the tallest building of each state. I am currently working on a
> building in Alaska. The building is simple, for the most part. Now the deal is
> it has structures that appear to be black. But since I use black for windows, I
> need another color that works and still gives the idea that they are black. I
> included a pic with some of the structures circled. I am asking for suggestions
> please. (I use gray20 for a quick and dirty asphalt, and gray10 looks like it is
> black so as not to notice a difference.) But they also kinda give a hint of
> brown. I dunno. I can't quite place the color. what do you think?

You can use a color picker, or load the image into POV-Ray and scan all the
pixels with eval_pigment.

Having seen those institutional buildings up close many times, those are some
sort of powder-coated aluminum, and they are brown.

"koko brown"

Seach:  brown metal trim institutional buildings

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'koko_brown-400x400.jpg' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'koko_brown-400x400.jpg'
koko_brown-400x400.jpg