POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of) : Re: Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of) Server Time
12 May 2024 06:35:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross-stitch and print on canvas (RFC, sort of)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Feb 2024 10:00:00
Message: <web.65c63d80a5dd03951f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Hi Ilya,

> I'm sort of in hopes of some feedback. As some may have noticed, I keep
> exploring idea of turning 2D image pixels into POVRay 3D objects and
> seeing what happens, and keep trying to use Python for that.

You can certainly do that in POV-Ray itself, using the eval_pigment macro.

> The main problem is I'm not satisfied with normal. I did simulation os
> textile long ago and have some algorithmic normals witten in mini-C,
> but, unfortunately, I don't see the way to reproduce in with POVRay. SO
> far, I used spiral, but it's far from ideal.

Post the code for the normal, and we'll see if we can convert it into something
POV-Ray can do.

Until then, here's a few link that you might find interesting:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4a1e679e@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C39f3b2ee@news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=8&moff=26

https://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/message/%3C64744689%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C64744689%241%40news.povray.org
%3E