POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B-DNA : Re: B-DNA - testing the macro Server Time
20 May 2024 00:05:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: B-DNA - testing the macro
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Feb 2024 07:35:00
Message: <web.65c61bb0139a83601f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> 2) Point 1 is crucial to define/calculate the target triangle. It is
> *not* defined from the origin but from the initial triangle.
>
> 3) All apices from the triangle have to be translated by an identical
> vector value. If not, you may have interesting surprises, mostly
> additional rotations to the object. However, those are difficult to
> control from the onset if used on purpose.

Right.  The macro takes your exact triangle, and moves it from right where it
is, to exactly where it would be if you moved it there with some unknown
combinations of rotations and translations.

I did wonder what would happen if I jimmied some of the target triangle
coordinates, and yes, the triangles got moved - but I have yet to quantify
exactly how.

- BW