POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B-DNA : Re: B-DNA Server Time
20 May 2024 02:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: B-DNA
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Feb 2024 19:35:00
Message: <web.65c2cf8f41c066f07d150d1225979125@news.povray.org>

> Impressive. I have started to play, first with a complex mesh2 object,
> and it works like a charm. I still need to dig deeper obviously, but I
> love it.

Thanks Thomas,

I'm glad it's working well for you.
Please try to apply a null/identity transform where the starting points are the
same as the destination points.

I rendered a loop of triangles and they all wound up exactly where they were
supposed to, so I'm hopeful that this is all it will take.

I believe this is what is referred to as a "rigid body transform", as opposed to
an affine transform, which may apply things like scaling or shear.
So I think I just need the ordered triple, which gives us a triangle with a face
normal, and that's all that's necessary and sufficient to completely describe
the orientation.

I'm sure TOK probably coded something like 15 years ago ;)

- BW