POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
13 May 2024 00:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Feb 2024 11:55:00
Message: <web.65bbcc956f92e8561f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> On 2024-02-01 08:03 (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:
> >
> > Also, I thought that somewhre POV-Ray had an internal function that approximated
> > the orbitals...  I looked in functions.inc, but didn't see anything.
>
> f_quantum()?  f_torus_gumdrop()?  f_lemniscate_of_gerono()?
> f_piriform()?  Or are these not exact enough?

I must have somehow missed f_quantum, which is probably what I'm remembering.

I suppose I must have thought that there was one function that encompassed all
of the s through d orbitals, but I must have just been thinking of scenes where
people were rendering their own functions.

But good search-fu! And fast! I'm sure that those ought to make nice isosurfaces
with a blobbing function.

- BW