POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) : Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) Server Time
13 May 2024 21:11:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Feb 2024 07:20:00
Message: <web.65bb8c5dd90d9b2b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> The usual way is to use the fast path texture element overrides.

> // Following is a way to override just the pigment component
> // of the texture already on Tor00.

> There are limitations to the approach where the texture{}s are
> non-simple (ie layered) or a material{} is used.

I always thought that once the object was textured, it was fixed, and could not
be overridden.  This has been discussed in the past, so I'm surprised.  I also
do a lot of scenes where I have some objects in a union textured/pigmented and
then the union gets a texture/pigment, and only the default textured objects get
the union texture.

> Aside: Remember how in v3.8 beta2 is spiral1 is really spiral2 due a
> typo? Well, I coded a v3.7 version for posting here after my yuqk
> version (where spiral1 is spiral1) and, dang if doesn't look like the
> rotate of the spiral has been flipped in yuqk / v3.8? relative to v3.7.
> I don't think this something I did, but suppose I might have to create
> a fixed version of v3.8 beta 2 to be sure...

I thought you had fixed the uv-mapping of the torus, so that it's consistent
with all of the other primitives, and not backwards anymore.  Does that have
anything to do with it?  (probably not, but...)

- BW