POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) : Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG) Server Time
14 May 2024 01:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did I miss anything? (parent/child texture in CSG)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Jan 2024 09:45:00
Message: <web.65ba5c43d90d9b2b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Ilya Razmanov <ily### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Ok, first, small picture to capture you attention (attached).

Excellent.   This is very cool.  :)

More please!

> My problem is, I want a per-object normal, rather than per-union. But
> when I uncomment
>
> #declare bublik = torus {0.5, 0.25
> //    normal {spiral1 5, 0.1 blah-blah-blah

So, you're in very tricky territory right here.
I think what you might need to do is give each item a layered texture - try
making the base layer your pigment, and the top layer clear, but with a normal.

object {
     bublik
     texture {pigment {}}
     texture {pigment {rgb 1} normal {MyNormal}}
}

Or something like that.

- BW