POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 427af17e : Re: Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 427af17e Server Time
17 May 2024 19:52:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 427af17e
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Jan 2024 11:35:00
Message: <web.65b680d71c123a929b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> On 1/27/24 06:27, Kenneth wrote:
> > would you mind running it in your current yuqk
> > fork?
>
> FYI. I did see your post. Thanks for the great test case. :-)
>
> Your code turned up a bug which I've been chasing since yesterday. I
> thought I'd nailed it a minute ago. Alas, not yet.
>
> I need to do some real life stuff for a bit. I'll post more when I've
> finally run the bug down.

No problem; thanks for taking the time to test it! You will probably notice that
the code has a mix of full texture statements plus 'naked' finish blocks. This
combination was what I had to come up with to get the results I needed (and to
take into account some slight differences between v3.7 vs 3.8 beta 1). The mix
may not be *the* ideal arrangement, as I had to experiment with a lot of
permutations. When I finally found a combination that worked, I settled on
that...without running even *more* possible(?) tests. ;-)

It could be that a few minor changes to my code's texture/finish mix would
eliminate your own bug *and* still make the result correct and consistent across
versions; I don't know.