POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Do you rememb CGSphere ? : Re: Do you rememb CGSphere ? Server Time
24 May 2024 15:02:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you rememb CGSphere ?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Jan 2024 16:30:00
Message: <web.65b42344f2967d5e1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> As you can see, some of the horizontal grid lines disappear depending on
> the image size. It's a basic texture
>
> #declare GroundTexture2 = texture {
>  uv_mapping
>  pigment { image_map { png "grid" map_type 0 once interpolate 2 } }
>  finish { ambient 1 diffuse 0.6}
>  }
>
> Any idea how to avoid this problem ?
> Thanks

Looks to me like your lines are becoming less than one pixel high in those
areas, and so they get disappeared by antialiasing.

I would probably try to use a procedural texture, and then you can control the
thickness of the lines.
I have code somewhere that will calculate how wide an object needs to be to
remain above 1/2 pixel (just barely visible) or 1 pixel (solid) based upon
object distance from the camera, as well as camera and resolution settings.
You could also try some of those ... am+ whatever 0.01 method 3 ... things that
TdG and others have a much better handle on.   Much higher antialiasing settings
would help.

You also might find this interesting:

http://news.povray.org/povray.pov4.discussion.general/message/%3Cweb.65a0127673b7b02a1f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org
%3E/#%3Cweb.65a0127673b7b02a1f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E