POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triplanar Mapping : Re: Triplanar Mapping - to: Bald Eagle, Sam, and Kenneth Server Time
20 May 2024 07:37:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triplanar Mapping - to: Bald Eagle, Sam, and Kenneth
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Jan 2024 10:50:00
Message: <web.65afdfbe5a76cfb79b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> There's a sweet spot I want to hit, something around the scale one might see
> depicted in a moon landing photo.
>
> I managed to get the scale closer to what I want (see attached image), but it's
> still a bit too close up.

Both of your images look really great, like the surface of asteroids--from the
photos that have been returned from spacecraft that have actually made landings.
Your result looks like an accumulation of loosely-held debris that has been
pulverized by micro-meteoroids over eons of time. Nice!

I still have a soft spot for those quaint old sci-fi movie depictions of
sharp-edged craggy mountains and craters on outer-space planets...but alas, that
appearance has been proven false.