POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Wet paper texture : Re: Wet paper texture Server Time
14 May 2024 03:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wet paper texture
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Jan 2024 10:10:00
Message: <web.65abe1419bc1d8da1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I was going to suggest that too indeed. I use that for simulating
> semitransparent cloth combined with backside illumination. Is also
> available in v3.7.

Unexplored territory for me.

So, my texture is

texture {
     slope {}
     texture_map {
          [0 pigment {
               average
               pigment_map {
                    [Entries]
               }
          ]
          [0 pigment {
               average
               pigment_map {
                    [Entries]
               }
          ]
     }
}

I've tried plugging in a finish statement, but the parser squawks "no }, found
finish instead"

Where does the finish GO?

I was also thinking about how to go about making a user defined finish function,
and that will probably have to be done with another map, since we don't have
function controlled finish parameters

- BW