POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Logo Planet (wip) : Re: Logo Planet + triplanar mapping (wip) Server Time
19 May 2024 23:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logo Planet + triplanar mapping (wip)
From: Samuel B
Date: 18 Jan 2024 18:55:00
Message: <web.65a9ba22d463b5e16bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
> And here is a first view of the logo with triplanar mapping (and other
> background changes).
>
> Still wip scene of course...
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks! I am very happy to have triplanar mapping available within
> POV-Ray now. Could solve some issues I had in the past.

It's coming right along! I like the idea of the moon-textured P exterior around
the planet.

I forgot to mention it (and you probably already know this), but triplanar
mapping doesn't play well with hard edges. I can't really see a problem in your
image due to the shadows on the inside of the round shape, but discontinuities
are likely there.

SAm