POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triplanar Mapping : Re: Triplanar Mapping Server Time
20 May 2024 10:46:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triplanar Mapping
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Jan 2024 06:45:00
Message: <web.65a7bd6193092b991f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Nice work - that's looking really good!  :)

So now here's a question - while trying to hunt down an answer to WFP's default
importance question, I stumbled upon a thread where clipka discusses
pleochromism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleochroism

I know that I've brought up the topic of wet paper in the past in this regard.

It seems that this approach might also make for a good anisotropic effect if we
roll some layered texturing + filter/transmit into it?

What do you think?

- BW

(You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find an example image of this effect)