POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triplanar Mapping : Re: Triplanar Mapping Server Time
20 May 2024 09:58:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triplanar Mapping
From: Samuel B
Date: 16 Jan 2024 21:50:00
Message: <web.65a73f4d93092b9916bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> it would appear that if you wish to rotate your object it's what you have to put up
with

After more testing, I think the best and most general way to handle this is to
not use the most recent macro after all. Just simply rotate all your objects
/before/ using the original Triplanar macro like so:

 superellipsoid{
  <.2, .2>

  rotate ObjRotate

  texture{
   pigment{pigment_pattern{Triplanar(PImg, .5)}}
   normal{
    pigment_pattern{Triplanar(PImg, .5)}
    poly_wave .5
    bump_size .75
    accuracy .01
   }
  }
 }

The left image again uses naive rotation, but with the rotation applied before
the Triplanar macro. There will still be some warping but hopefully no parallel
lines. (Some artifacts are unavoidable when applying such an experimental
feature on many different;y oriented objects :))

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'triplanar-debug-2.jpg' (59 KB)

Preview of image 'triplanar-debug-2.jpg'
triplanar-debug-2.jpg