POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triplanar Mapping : Re: Triplanar Mapping Server Time
20 May 2024 09:08:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triplanar Mapping
From: Samuel B
Date: 16 Jan 2024 20:15:00
Message: <web.65a7291c93092b9916bed5696e741498@news.povray.org>
> Op 16-1-2024 om 16:02 schreef Bald Eagle:
> > I gave it a go, since I had to visualize the rotations, lest it bother me for
> > the rest of the day. [...]
>
> Thanks Bill! I gave it a go and I noted the following:
>
> 1) [..]
> 2) [..]
> 3) so it appears (to me) that the texture does not follow the object
> rotation. Why this is is a mystery to me and it is the first time I
> witness such behaviour indeed.
>
> --
> Thomas

About your parallel lines result: have you tried the new macro with a sharpness
value above 0.5?

Regarding your third bullet point... The texture not following the object's
rotation is an issue I predicted, but was unsure if it would manifest or not. My
guess is that the slope inputs (x, y, z) need to be rotated independently of the
object, which probably means using vrotate() for the slope inputs to match the
object.

I'll need to test that...

Sam