POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triplanar Mapping : Re: Triplanar Mapping Server Time
20 May 2024 09:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triplanar Mapping
From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Jan 2024 19:00:00
Message: <web.65a7171993092b999b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> Op 16-1-2024 om 16:02 schreef Bald Eagle:
> >
> > Rotating the superellipsoid doesn't seem to have too much effect - the line
> > artefacts might be more to do with the linear travertine image?

To me, those parallel lines look similar to the typical behavior of an image_map
applied to a 1X1X1-unit box-- where the edge pixels 'wrap around the sides' (as
an analogy only.) I haven't examined the code examples here or run them yet--
I'm currently testing other things-- but I wonder if a small scaling factor
needs to be used *somewhere*, to try and eliminate that effect. Something like
scale <0.9999,0.9999,1>. Sorry if this proposal seems simplistic, but it's the
first thing that popped into my head.

As for the textures etc not following the rotation of the whole object, that's a
strange mystery...perhaps a hidden problem with the 'slope' pattern itself?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'simple_image_map_on_box.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'simple_image_map_on_box.jpg'
simple_image_map_on_box.jpg