POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Logo Planet (wip) : Re: Logo Planet (wip) Server Time
9 May 2024 12:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logo Planet (wip)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Jan 2024 00:50:00
Message: <web.65a0d2d8a24051f71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I've been wondering how one might
> make procedural craters and your post is making me think about it again...

Hi Sam,

You might check out the work of Sebastian Lague:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lctXaT9pxA0

and related

https://www.reddit.com/r/proceduralgeneration/comments/l4ml53/generating_lunar_craters/

https://github.com/smcameron/space-nerds-in-space/blob/master/crater.c#L146

https://www.blendswap.com/blend/17050

I gave it a whirl, but the isosurface version was too challenging to debug after
a long day, but the normal worked "better" - still hella buggy.

Maybe you'll be able to puzzle out something better.

- Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'proceduralcrater.png' (860 KB)

Preview of image 'proceduralcrater.png'
proceduralcrater.png