POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cartesian distributions for cellular structures : Re: Cartesian distributions for cellular structures Server Time
10 May 2024 15:46:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cartesian distributions for cellular structures
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Jan 2024 15:55:00
Message: <web.65a05587e60e5ef51f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Fester" <tfe### [at] scivitde> wrote:

> My chemistry chapter will be more about structures. From small molecules to
> proteins. Of course in most cases you have to obtain coordinate data from other
> sources. The question is, whether Pov-Ray can provide added value to all the
> other programs available for visualizing such structures. (I think it can...)

I'm fairly confident that the way I discovered POV-Ray, was looking to do
exactly that, while working on my PhD.

You'll likely find a wide variety of programs that process structures from the
Protein Data Bank, among other formats.

https://www.chemicalgraphics.com/paul/PovChem.html
https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/export-to-pov-ray.md
https://www.training.cam.ac.uk/chem/event/4750012
https://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/index.html

> Reaction-diffusion is cool but I only made one try. I will show it here in the
> course of this year, then we can have a look.

Yeah, I had a go at it, at one point - maybe I'll try again soon.
http://www.bugman123.com/Math/

- Bill