POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated png on Linux : Re: Animated png on Linux Server Time
19 May 2024 20:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated png on Linux
From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 10 Jan 2024 06:50:00
Message: <web.659e83f54f69fbb66e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
> Maybe there are settings that have to be set to get a smooth, faster view.
> Any particular reason you're choosing that format?
> I think ImageMagick or even ffmpeg can convert the png files to any other on the
> fly, and a lot of people have had great success with those.
> I've managed to make pretty decent animations, and even remove whatever bloat is
> inherent in the files to make the file _size_ smaller, but keeping the same
> apparent resolution and image quality.
>
> > I am currently generating the frames for the same clip at 60 fps, 600 frames
> > total, 990x1320. It should be finished on Saturday morning.
>
> Also search for 'animated png' here on the forums - I got a good number of hits.
>
> - BW

Thanks for your help! The resolution 1320x990 was originally just for two
images, before and after, to demonstrate a concept from a board game. I wanted
to see the whole thing on my 1920x1080 screen within its own image viewer
window, and keep the aspect ratio of 4 to 3.

The 600 frames at this high resolution are complete, but first I want to test
the low res version, which I made with apngasm. It's supposed to be a 6 second
clip at 10 fps. Can anyone view it as a video?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lr.png' (3298 KB)

Preview of image 'lr.png'