POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bricks library updates : Bricks library updates Server Time
8 May 2024 20:48:41 EDT (-0400)
  Bricks library updates
From: Chris R
Date: 3 Jan 2024 13:40:00
Message: <web.6595a98f387b5f0c8a3c0aee5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
Since my first post on starting a bricks library, I have rewritten the code
about 3 times, but I think I'm pretty happy with the system I've created.  The
code for doing the layouts isn't ready for prime-time yet, and even the sample
scenes are pretty verbose because there aren't a lot of default behaviors built
into the system yet.

Anyway, this first image is a pretty simple stretcher-bond wall of 2-half-brick
thickness with jagged ends for making a corner, (which you probably wouldn't do
with a 2-half-brick wall, but anyway...)

I'll follow up with a corner example, and an English bond wall if 3-half-bricks.

For all of these, the mortar is a block with the brick shapes subtracted out,
but I have created a system for specifying mortar joint specifications.  In the
two images where I have laid the mortar, I am using a grapevine joint for all of
the mortar regions.  You can specify different joints for the horizontal,
vertical, and face mortar sections, and I have defined all 9 of the primary
joint types.

-- Chris R.
-- Happily rendering since 2014

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stretcher_bond.png.png' (201 KB)

Preview of image 'stretcher_bond.png.png'
stretcher_bond.png.png