POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : animation display window does not reset to black : Re: animation display window does not reset to black Server Time
13 May 2024 04:50:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation display window does not reset to black
From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 1 Jan 2024 18:50:00
Message: <web.65934e6aa76bba896e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
Thank you for responding so quickly.

In my follow-up post, I stated that you need to make a subdirectory /images with
its own subdirectories /static and /animated. See the povray.ini file for the
output file path. Sorry I don't know much about Windows; I guess you need
backslashes. I hope you don't have to edit the files to change forward slashes
to back slashes.

I hope that, once those subdirectories are installed within the directory that
contains all these files, the code will run for you. It was not my intention for
you to help me with debugging my own code. I do appreciate your efforts!
Meanwhile I would be glad to try to explain my code.

Regarding the line from ap_animate.inc

#declare NewClock123 = (clock-0.1)*1.25; // turns .1 to .9 into 0 to 1

Yes, this happens during the animated interval, when clock ranges from 0.1 to
0.8. There are 4 animated objects which follow 4 paths. The variable NewClock123
is a value that ranges from 0 to 1 during this interval, which makes it easier
for me to calculate where the first 3 of these 4 objects should be on their
paths.

render 1 seems to be about the missing subdirectories.

render 2: The file ap.pov contains line 89 assumed_gamma 1.

"In ap_skip.inc black frame" Please where is black frame? What line number?

I should provide some background. ap.pov is supposed to generate the frames for
a 10-second video at 60 fps. The first 60 frames are all identical. After the
first frame is generated, a post-frame command executes the file fix.sh which
contains a cp command to copy this frame into static0 in the /static directory.
So by the time ap_skip.inc is creating the cp command to copy from static back
into animated, you should already have that static file sitting there. This is
for frames 2 through 60.

ap_skip.inc creates the cp command and then passes it back to ap.pov inside the
variable CpCommand. Check out ap.pov line 187 for the else clause where this
string gets used. The string is placed inside fix.sh and then ap.pov stops,
which results in a black frame for this iteration. The post frame command inside
of povray.ini then copies the static image over top of the black frame that
ap.pov just generated.

If the post frame command is not working for you, you may need to modify a file
povray.conf somwhere in your system to allow shellout commands.

render 60 of 600 looks the same.

All the warning messages you show screen shots of are placed in the code by me
as diagnostics. I am unable to get #debug messages to display.

PLEASE ask if you are unable to get my code running after you create the
subdirectories, or if you have any questions.