POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : animation display window does not reset to black : Re: animation display window does not reset to black Server Time
13 May 2024 06:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation display window does not reset to black
From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Jan 2024 17:40:00
Message: <web.65933a9ba76bba899b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
[running Windows 10, with POV-ray v3.7]

I downloaded your zip file. This is quite a complex scene, with many pieces that
interact, making it difficult to track down what is going on.

I attempted to run your ap.pov file with a 600-frame animation. I could not get
the scene to render at all without fatal errors-- probably because I would
need(?) to create folders and sub-folders called 'images', 'animated', 'static',
etc. and with the correct file paths to find them, which is not my own set-up.
(See your ap_skip.inc file.)

The best I could do was to run various animation frames and report the
parse-error results. I have attached that below, as screenshots; maybe it will
prove helpful. (I could not even get POV-ray's 'All_File=on' feature to work
with this scene, to output the parse-error message contents as text.)

I *suspect* that something might be wrong with how the 'clock' value is used in
the scene-- but I haven't been able to check that so far. I wonder about this
line in your ap_animate.inc file:
     #declare NewClock123 = (clock-0.1)*1.25; // turns .1 to .9 into 0 to 1

According to the notes in your posted comments, that line is supposed to kick-in
at frame 61 of the animation(?).. which is where your problems begins, as you
mentioned. But I honestly don't yet understand how all of the
various files work together for the final result.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ap_scene_messages_pane_kw.jpg' (269 KB)

Preview of image 'ap_scene_messages_pane_kw.jpg'
ap_scene_messages_pane_kw.jpg