POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited : Re: Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited Server Time
19 May 2024 18:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited
From: jr
Date: 31 Dec 2023 11:00:00
Message: <web.65918f00cb00d1b57f6d9cf76cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:

> Since the povray.ini file cannot be told which copy command to execute, I use
> the post-frame command
>
> bash ./fix.sh

BASH is my shell too, in the .ini file though I write, eg
  post_frame_command = sh postframe.sh

usually with one or more arguments.

> Execution of shellout 'bash' prohibited

that could be due to the system-wide (named "povray.conf") settings.

to test, try running 'sleep 10' as your post frame command.  that should tell
you which "situation" you're facing.

regards, jr.