POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Towards Tek's Isosurface City : Re: Towards Tek's Isosurface City Server Time
8 May 2024 16:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Towards Tek's Isosurface City
From: Mr
Date: 28 Dec 2023 09:45:00
Message: <web.658d898796cac28216086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47e997a1%40news.povray.org%3E/

> AFAIK he did not post the code anywhere in here - and his web pages seems to be
> down.
>
> I've not yet figured out what pattern he used to make the windows.
>
> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com
> https://github.com/t-o-k

This looks close, but increasing the relative height of buildings compared to
their base areas gave them more orthogonal / artificial looking overall lines.

by the looks of it I'm assuming that the core of your procedural is a Crackle
pattern... If so, did you use metric 4 to give it more square appearance ? Some
metric superior to 25 would end up providing even "squarer" angled cells.

Using two planimetric components of the vector "form <x,y,z>" (depending on the
orientation of your scene) may also allow you to control the convexity of cells.

Thanks for your endeavour !

These are base on old tweaks I had tried when comparing Blender internal Voronoi
with pov's crackle procedural textures for the purpose of Blender to POV export.
(draft notes attached)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blend2povvoronoi.pdf' (441 KB)