POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iridescence code : Re: Iridescence code Server Time
20 May 2024 09:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iridescence code
From: Droj
Date: 27 Dec 2023 15:10:00
Message: <web.658c8081f07d5fbb4915286f3b2af915@news.povray.org>
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
>
> > Yes BE, it looks like poop but it wasn't meant to show my artistic capabilities.
> > It was just a reminder for you that there is a example file for iridescence
> > coming with Povray.
> > I simply changed the pigment from white to clear using your data.
>
> Yes, yes, I understand completely, and I knew I was flirting with disaster
> trying to explain things.
>

> > So put the blame on the author of the original file for not providing a nice
> > background.
>
> No blame was being assigned, the point was that your texture is _beautiful_, but
> if the user rendering a scene with it doesn't know the behaviour and limitations
> of the irid {} feature, then a plain background will completely destroy it, and
> beautiful as the texture might be - the end result is unfortunately....
>
> :(
>
> I beg your humble pardon for any unintended offense.
>
> - B "the ineloquent" E

BE,
Honestly, no offense taken.
And it was not 'my texture' - the original is a Povray 3.7 scene file which I
'misused' in my strong belief to put you on the 'right track' when I saw your
first post. So no time for a neat background with tangerine trees and
marshmellow skies and a couple of fairies flying around.

And I am sure that you know what the coder gurus always used to say : RTFM! :))

Cheers
- Droj