POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : tuple-style assignment fails after including transforms.inc : tuple-style assignment fails after including transforms.inc Server Time
11 May 2024 11:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  tuple-style assignment fails after including transforms.inc
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Dec 2023 15:20:00
Message: <web.658b3545f063947a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Doodling a bit before work, and I need to find the position of a point after
rotating around an axis.

So I need to include transforms.inc to have use of vtransform, but then that
suddenly triggered a parse error of a macro I was using that exports its values
via a (N1, N2) tuple-style assignment.

I tried redeclaring the version after the inc file invocation, but (since this
happens upon exiting the inc file already) that didn't fix anything.

So this looks like a bug in source.

Perhaps someone can confirm and investigate.

(Also, many of these silly macros ought to be inbuilt functions in future
versions)

- BW