POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OMG I just realized : Re: OMG I just realized Server Time
11 May 2024 09:03:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG I just realized
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Dec 2023 09:45:00
Message: <web.6588438abeddf7db9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
Or maybe Disney stole the little theme from POV-ray?!  :-O  The original MULAN
was released in 1998; I wonder how long that 8-note phrase has been a part of
the program.

By the way: At some point over the past 3 years(?), I decided to turn off all of
those sounds... because I noticed that they could subtly interfere with a
particular aspect of the rendering process. I honestly don't remember exactly
how or when it occurred, or what scene I was coding or running at the time, but
I tracked down the problem to those sounds. I think I was attempting to do
something before the sound actually ended. Anyway, I haven't turned them back on
since then-- just as a safety measure. Maybe it was a Windows 7 or 10 glitch
instead?