POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iridescence code : Re: Iridescence code Server Time
10 May 2024 14:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iridescence code
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Dec 2023 16:00:00
Message: <web.65874a06f07d5fbb1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:

> Here's a bubble material that I came up with back in 2012, after clipka did a
> bug fix on the old irid code

Yes, I remember that scene.
It's amazing how one can completely transform the feel and perceived complexity
of an object with the proper texture.
Thanks for posting that as a reminder and providing the texture.

Is that an HDRI light probe you're using?  Radiosity?

Droj just posted his version, and with just a black background, it looked ---
like poop.

But then I just pasted in the simple ground & sky code, and it magically
transformed the exact same texture into beautiful shimmering bubbles!
It truly is an amazing transformation.

I'm betting that if I take your beautiful texture and render with a poor
environment, I would make that look like oil on mud too. The environment is what
gives it life.

- BW