POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beyond this point... : Re: Beyond this point... Server Time
9 May 2024 12:01:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beyond this point...
From: 19100
Date: 23 Dec 2023 11:40:00
Message: <web.65870cae952abf053c1b6084edfc8715@news.povray.org>
> "...your ticket is no longer valid."
>
> No reference here to the novel with the same (French) title by Romain
> Gary, but to the ubiquitous warning signs at the exits of the /Metro/ in
> Paris.
>
> My last scene for this year (I worked on it on and off since last
> August). Worth mentioning I guess: the broken-up road surface which is
> based on the "Pattern Control Trick" by Rune Johansen which I add to
> this message.
>
> The trees are Arbaro mesh2 ones by Friedrich Lohmueller. I changed and
> randomised the leaf textures. More - different - trees would have been
> better but I was lazy ;-)
>
> I wish you all a Merry and Peaceful Christmas!
>
> --
> Thomas

That's excellent Thomas, really like the composition, especially the woman
walking down the path next to the sign and the birds flying overhead! The forest
with the foggy hills in the distance looks very good and remind me of what you
would see in 2000s CGI movies. Have yourself a great Christmas, looking forward
to what you make next year!