POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starting a bricks library : Re: Starting a bricks library Server Time
9 May 2024 04:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starting a bricks library
From: jr
Date: 21 Dec 2023 16:10:00
Message: <web.6584a8ba997a9a307f6d9cf76cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> I won't be posting the code anywhere until I have at least the English bond
> layout completed, as well as some of the other joint patterns beyond raking and
> flush.  Since this will probably not fall into the object library standards, I
> may end up just creating a project on GitHub to hold all of the files needed to
> use the code.

sounds like a nice and useful "system".  what makes you think it would not be
suitable for the Object Collection[*] ?  true, objects _ought_ to comply with
naming conventions to allow the user to "mix and match", but few do fully.  the
required / desired standards were outlined in one of the user's guide pages, I'd
be happy to send a copy (if needed).

[*] not too long now (fingers crossed) before we're "back in business".

regards, jr.