POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iridescence code : Iridescence code Server Time
10 May 2024 11:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Iridescence code
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Dec 2023 15:45:00
Message: <web.6584a34d1626f6071f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know how to implement the irid {} feature in the finish {} block of
a texture?

Or to be more accurate, how do I get iridescence to be visible on a clear
surface?

clipka posted some beautiful bubbles, and I can't seem to achieve anything close
to the transparent but well-defined iridescent pattern that he gets.

I tried adding interior {ior 1.4} but that didn't work (and I get weird
artefacts}

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4ed6f24c@news.povray.org%3E/

I looked in the distro, and it appears that we're missing an example scene for
this feature.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: