POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling nature on Github : Re: Modeling nature on Github Server Time
12 May 2024 16:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling nature on Github
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Dec 2023 13:00:00
Message: <web.657de4ccf7fe556b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Fester" <tfe### [at] scivitde> wrote:
> Thanks to comments from Bald Eagle, I started a Github-repository for my Pov-Ray
> files "Modeling nature".
> (https://github.com/tjrfester/ModelingNature/tree/main) I am still working on
> the overall design, so only the snail shells are there. But you are very welcome
> to comment on this overall design, there is certainly room for improvement. (So
> far, e.g, I did not incorporate all changes proposed by Bald Eagle...)
> In case there is interest, I also could transform this repository into a
> collaborative project - time will tell.

Excellent.
It would be great to put links between all of your projects - POV-Ray, Youtube,
Github, etc.   That way people can stay up-tp-date on all of your work on
separate platforms.
Consider putting a POV-Ray logo "watermark" in your videos or still renders, in
case people find your work in an image search, etc.

I recently came across another person's Youtube channel and Guthub repository,
and he makes frequent use of Github "gists" to publish scenes and animations
that he works on.

- BW