POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : TheEarth version 1.1 : Re: TheEarth version 1.1 Server Time
18 May 2024 10:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TheEarth version 1.1
From: jr
Date: 10 Dec 2023 00:50:00
Message: <web.6575514188376f8e7f6d9cf76cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> It irritates me when I see a flat map mapped incorrectly onto a globe.
> About 10 years ago, I left a feedback comment with the correct mapping
> on the Object Collection website, but by then Chris was no longer around
> to see it.  I finally decided to rectify the error myself:

quick update on the OC.  your comment is still there, see attached :-).  the OC
is running, has been for a while, albeit on a development machine.  RL and
circumstances added unavoidable delays (on both sides).  a couple of "other
issues" are pending still, however, getting 'lib.povray' online again is a
priority for me/us, and should happen early next year.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screenshot 2023-12-10 05.41.25.png' (164 KB)

Preview of image 'screenshot 2023-12-10 05.41.25.png'
screenshot 2023-12-10 05.41.25.png