POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass window texture : Re: Glass window texture Server Time
10 May 2024 12:39:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass window texture
From: Mr
Date: 5 Dec 2023 05:05:00
Message: <web.656ef526f523435b16086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
"David Kraics" <bar### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Hello. I am trying to reproduce the texture of the glass panels on this
> building. It is very reflective but also seems to have a dark tint. I included a
> picture because I can't describe it better. Thank you.

Hello, the following POV keywords are going top be your friends:

ior
fresnel
albedo
conserve_energy

Don't go too far into other eye candy for such outside landscape, to avoid
computational power/time waste.For the same reason, if you look very carefully
to your reference picture you'll notice this material shows no glare at all and
so you could also simply not use any specular nor phong, just focusing on
(dark)diffuse and reflection (with its two values). I look forward to see the
outcome of what appear as a basic but may end up a rather fundamental challenge!