POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height field to mesh - more resolution : Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution Server Time
12 May 2024 18:34:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height field to mesh - more resolution
From: jr
Date: 1 Dec 2023 11:25:00
Message: <web.656a07e52c1eda44f11225116cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 12/1/23 02:03, jr wrote:
> > proof of concept (640x480 image source).  ~20 minutes 😉
> The yuqk fork has no 'eval_pigment', but it does have a munction called
>    M_evaluate_pigment(). The following runs in about 4.5 seconds,
> elapsed, on my old i3.

that's pretty good.  modifying my posted code to junk the array and call
'eval_pigment' inside the 'texture{}', I get parsing down to just under 5.5 secs
(plus ~1s render) using the beta.2.

have not tried tried to install the renamed branch yet, will try later tonight
to get your code to run with last-but-one-before-renaming version.

> Apologies for attaching the pointless image. Foggy mind / autopilot :-(

:-)

@Ilya

sorry about misspelling your name in the posted scene code, have corrected my
local copy.

regards, jr.