POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling nature : Re: Modeling nature Server Time
13 May 2024 03:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling nature
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 Nov 2023 14:50:00
Message: <web.6568e6578b35e59f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Fester" <tfe### [at] scivitde> wrote:
> A write-up? Well, that's much work, but I might consider in the long term.

Well, you probably don't have to do a "write-up" - you're already writing the
code, so why not consider simply posting some well-commented code, or doing a
bit of live-coding like some people do, in order to show how one starts with a
simple idea and gradually increases the complexity?

You could also post a screen-shot of the relevant bit of code you're discussing
for any given plant or animal morphology that you're modeling.

"Here's what happens when I do _this_ with _this_ value.... but when I change it
to _this_ .... "
People love that kind of thing, and it captures their imagination.

> Currently it is hard for me to judge a) how much interest there really is and b)
> whether I should write for Pov-Ray people primarily or for "all" ...

It is, certainly hard to ever judge anyone's level of interest, but you've been
at it for 9 years - so you have plenty of work to summarize and expand upon.
Make your videos, spend some time "advertising" by posting links to your videos
wherever you might, and start getting things to spread by word-of-mouth and
leveraging "the algorithm".

- BW