POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Holiday Render : Re: Early Holiday Render Server Time
20 May 2024 03:52:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early Holiday Render
From: Chris R
Date: 27 Nov 2023 10:30:00
Message: <web.6564b566c5d369f14589f4d5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Nice, I too think the bauble with Peace on it looks a bit flat/too matte a
> finish.
>
> The other two on the table look great though and the tree is really good.
>
> The other point I would add is the lights on the fireplace, they are too dull
> and don't appear to be emitting any light onto the surface right next to them. I
> would try either a dim light source for each (will slow things down) or union
> each fairy light with a sphere with emitting media. Something like below:
>
>           sphere{ 0,1
>                   pigment { rgbt 1 } hollow
>                            interior
>                            { media
>                              {
>                                emission colour rgb <1,0.8, 0.6> samples 20,100
>                                density
>                                { spherical turbulence 0.05 omega 0.7 density_map
>                                  {
>                                    [0.0 rgb <0, 0, 0> ]
>                                    [0.8 rgb <0.2, 0.2, .1>]
>                                    [1 rgb <1.5, 1.2 0.8> ]
>                                  }
>                                }
>                              }
>                            }
>           }
>
> The above media is incredibly quick to render so shouldn't slow things down.
>
> Sean

In the rendered image, I had been using a finish emission on the actual glass
bulb, rather than creating a hollow sphere with an emitting media.  I switched
that out and recreated the bulb to separate the containing glass ball from the
light using media, and after fixing my radiosity settings to take media into
account, it looks much better.  Thanks for the suggestion...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bar.png' (124 KB)

Preview of image 'bar.png'