POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Holiday Render : Re: Early Holiday Render Server Time
20 May 2024 02:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early Holiday Render
From: Chris R
Date: 26 Nov 2023 23:25:00
Message: <web.656418fdc5d369f14589f4d5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
> On 2023-11-25 20:50 (-4), Samuel B. wrote:
> >
> > Was there supposed to be a comment here? I ask because I tried to send a reply
> > /before/ that one, but it never showed up. It is possible I left the window
> > before sending it fully. (But I'm getting kind of paranoid...)
>
> The Web interface software is still choking on non-ASCII characters.
> Chris wrote "Creative tension... <winky face>," but the Web interface
> deleted the line because of the non-ASCII ellipsis, and perhaps the
> winky face.  The winky face showed in my newsreader as HTML entity code,
> which I had to investigate to learn that it was a winky face.

Good to remember.  I had been away and was using my iPad to reply.  One of my
earlier replies (about the isosurface for the nativity set), was missing the
first line, and the second about with the emoji was only a single line anyway,
so I thought maybe the browser on the iPad was truncating the form data for the
posting on the web interface.

-- Chris R.