POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map question : Re: Image_map question Server Time
12 May 2024 19:46:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map question
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Nov 2023 18:55:00
Message: <web.6563d9f94becaf929b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "David Kraics" <bar### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >
> > The original jpeg is a blueprint with firm solid black lines. The image is
> > greatly faded.
>
> I have no idea why some of the blueprint lines would turn to grayscale rather
> than pure black.

One possible reason just occurred to me:
If some of the black lines in your image_map image are very thin, and if you are
using antialiasing for your final render (and at a relatively low resolution),
the AA might be 'smearing' those black lines a tiny amount-- making them
'fuzzy', i.e. grayscale and not black.

Try rendering your image_map at a larger size, with no AA, to see if this helps.