POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : workbench_train_01.png : Re: workbench_train_01.png Server Time
9 May 2024 14:32:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: workbench_train_01.png
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Nov 2023 09:00:00
Message: <web.65634ece29ff3c691f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Very cool. I love it.
> I've been looking for good CAD drawings of a train locomotive to model. I've
> found a few, but nothing complete. They must be out there, because I see some
> awesome 3D train models.  I thought about deconstructing and drafting a physical
> scale model - but it lots of work.

Well, i hope that you're familiar with our hyper-focused and productive member
"Ton"
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5dc90cc6%40news.povray.org%3E/

(Who also did the entire Titanic! :O )

Having an interest in machining, CNC, and sheet metal work, I've watched a
number of Quinn Dunki's videos, and I remember that she covered information on
model train makers, and they are all completely insane.  They have detailed
scale model drawings of _everything_, even if they have to deduce them from
measuring hundreds of old photographs.

https://www.youtube.com/@Blondihacks/videos

https://www.steamclinic.com/forum
https://discoverlivesteam.com/books/SYWTBALSL.html