POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth level for smooth_triangle. : Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle. Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle.
From: GioSeregni
Date: 25 Nov 2023 03:45:00
Message: <web.6561b27884c692a3276109cb59126100@news.povray.org>
> "GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > THANKS! You are right, the red is here (elevated to see it better).
> > This knowledge is very useful! Many thanks again!
> > G.
>
> Well, you're _supposed to_ see _that_ red - those are the undersides of the open
> mesh - the inside of the tire.
>
> You were talking about the "corners" on the upper right of the tire, which
> should be smooth, and the same color as the rest of the tire.
>
> And if you DO see red there, then try moving the camera around, and viewing it
> from different angles - because it may just disappear and pop up in different
> areas.
>
> - BW

I think you are just looking at preview image. If you open it you will also see
the triangles of the right we are talking about. I kept about the same point of
view just to check on my first image. It seems that they always arise on the
perimeter of the volumes (in positions tangential to the cone of vision)...
However, the internal color makeup is useful, it can help mask a bit the bug.
I think you could mask it a bit with a generic "finish" using the outer color of
the face
Thanks!
G.