POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Holiday Render : Re: Early Holiday Render Server Time
9 May 2024 13:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early Holiday Render
From: s day
Date: 24 Nov 2023 12:25:00
Message: <web.6560db92c5d369ff926c9046a8f0b95@news.povray.org>
Nice, I too think the bauble with Peace on it looks a bit flat/too matte a
finish.

The other two on the table look great though and the tree is really good.

The other point I would add is the lights on the fireplace, they are too dull
and don't appear to be emitting any light onto the surface right next to them. I
would try either a dim light source for each (will slow things down) or union
each fairy light with a sphere with emitting media. Something like below:

          sphere{ 0,1
                  pigment { rgbt 1 } hollow
                           interior
                           { media
                             {
                               emission colour rgb <1,0.8, 0.6> samples 20,100
                               density
                               { spherical turbulence 0.05 omega 0.7 density_map
                                 {
                                   [0.0 rgb <0, 0, 0> ]
                                   [0.8 rgb <0.2, 0.2, .1>]
                                   [1 rgb <1.5, 1.2 0.8> ]
                                 }
                               }
                             }
                           }
          }

The above media is incredibly quick to render so shouldn't slow things down.

Sean