POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Holiday Render : Re: Early Holiday Render Server Time
9 May 2024 06:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early Holiday Render
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Nov 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.6560889cc5d369f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
If I could find
> a way to get the image map to bleed the colors at the edges of the pieces, I
> could have gradation in the color distance function and that would modify the
> thickness of the wood at that point so I could bevel or round the edges.

That's very impressive, and clever.
I was trying to figure out a way to use the object pattern to do something
similar, maybe this might give me some ideas.

Attached, please find a simple convolution kernel scene I was playing with a
while back.

Try applying the box blur filter, and only modifying the color channel of
interest.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'edgedetectionmatrix.pov.txt' (4 KB)