POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Holiday Render : Re: Early Holiday Render Server Time
9 May 2024 12:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early Holiday Render
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Nov 2023 13:20:00
Message: <web.655e454ec5d369f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> This became the isosurface shape function.

That's an isosurface?  :O

> To get rid of the squarish edges and make them softer, I would like to figure
> out how to do a gradient fill in gimp that would start with the color of the
> piece, and when it gets near the black line edges start fading to black.

Have you tried just changing the threshold that you're evaluating the isosurface
at?
At 0, it should be crisp, as you increase the threshold, you should start to
round over any corners.
So what you eventually do is determine how much you need to "inflate" your shape
by, scale it down by that much, and then re-inflate to the original size by
increasing the threshold.   Then you have a rounded version of the same size.

- BW