POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth level for smooth_triangle. : Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle. Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:03:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth level for smooth_triangle.
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Nov 2023 15:20:00
Message: <web.655d0dd384c692a39b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
 *If* the triangle normals are all unit length, perhaps your summing
> operation could be made to eliminate some of the identical normals on large flat
> areas, which might reduce their contribution-- and make the smoothness less
> smooth. (?)

or maybe... MORE smooth? So perhaps the normals on LARGER triangles could be
*duplicated* in your summing process instead, to make their contribution have
more weight, resulting in a *less*-smooth result. Based on the size or computed
area of each triangle.

I apologize for just guessing about this, because I don't fully understand all
of the details of your idea.